Developing disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
To grow in faith, love, and service in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, celebrate diversity, affirm the sacred worth of each person as a recipient of God's love and grace, and welcome everyone.
It is our hope that by the end of their 12th grade year, students will have experienced and embodied the following statements as a result of their participation in the youth program at Trinity UMC so that our vision is fulfilled and experienced in the following ways:
Youth Ministry Vision: To grow in faith, love, and service in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, celebrate diversity, affirm the sacred worth of each person as a recipient of God's love and grace, and welcome everyone.
Grow in faith, love, and service
- gain a thorough understanding of the biblical narrative, its sequence, and themes
- practice discernment on a practical, daily level and have a variety of tools with which to discern
- participate in local and global missions
- recognize distortions and illusions contrary to truthful images of God
- practice a rich and diverse prayer life
- understand and work towards an emotionally healthy spirituality
- find their place of identity, belonging, and mission in the biblical story
- introduction to different faiths and denominations
- embrace their God-given creative potential
Affirm the sacred worth of each person
- develop and sustain at least 3 mature, adult relationships
- cultivate a hospitable presence towards self and others